EvoS Journal publishes two types of papers: those geared towards Teaching Evolution in Higher Education and Undergraduate Papers. The only difference for submissions is:
- Academics at higher education institutions may submit to the Teaching Evolution in Higher Education portion of EvoS Journal. These submissions will be reviewed by members of the faculty editorial board.
- Undergraduates may submit research and theoretical articles incorporating evolutionary theory as an Undergraduate Paper. These submissions need to have a faculty co-author, and will be reviewed by members of the student editorial board (under the guidance of a faculty advisor).
Authors are required to submit manuscripts via the Submissions Portal.
Cover Letter: Please include a cover letter along with your manuscript that briefly summarizes the paper. Be sure to include the following information: that all authors have agreed to your submission, and that your research has not been published elsewhere.
Title Page: The title page of the manuscript must only contain the title, abstract, and keywords. DO NOT include any personal or identifying information anywhere except the cover letter. In addition, DO NOT include acknowledgements. If you paper is accepted, you will have a chance to add acknowledgements prior to publication.
Technical Instruction for Submissions
In technical details, EvoS Journal follows the simplified APA format, as detailed in the 5th Edition of the APA Publication Manual.
Main Text: The main text should be sent in as word processing document (Microsoft Word, Apple Pages, or Rich Text Format) in English. Please include tables and figures in text for review purposes. Higher quality files can be sent if the paper is accepted for publication.
Title Page: The title page should be structured as follows:
- Running Head (continued as header or footer on all pages, with page number)
- Title of the contribution
- Abstract: 100 to 200 words
- Keywords: 5-10
Emphasis: An emphasis within the text is to be marked in italics.
Notes: Please number the notes consecutively in agreement with the numbering in the text
References: Please use APA style as outlined in the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association: Fifth Edition.
Figures, Tables and Graphics: Illustrations, tables and graphics should be numbered consecutively in the text as Table 1, Table 2 etc. or rather Figure 1, Figure 2 etc. and additionally be given a title.
Audio and Video Materials: EvoS Journal will include as supportive materials examples of evidence in audio and/or video formats. The audio or video files should be sent as attachments in standard formats (.wav, .mp3, .mpg, .mov, etc.) and their placements in the article should be indicated in the same manner as tables or graphics (titled and numbered).